Friday, May 31, 2013

If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Tomorrow is day one and I wanted to share the timeline of the next 30 days as put together by the Whole30 people.  It's a pretty funny read and depending on your former habits can be pretty accurate.  I definitely had the I just want to take a nap for the first week and kind of evened out after that.  I think that the timeline shows that you will have your ups and downs over the next 30 days but it's ok, everyone does.  :)


                                                                 Image taken from Pinterest.

Also I wanted to share with you some of my favorite paleo cooking blogs.  Cooking blogs are amazing and I've used a wide variety of cooking blogs over the past 4 years to create delicious food.  So when I went through my first Whole30 it only seemed appropriate that I turn to blogs for ideas.  These are just a few of the many out there but are definitely my favorite.

And of course just straight up Pinterest

                                          Image taken from Pinterest.

Also I just wanted to touch on not worrying about what you can't eat and enjoying everything you can.  Eat as much food as you want and don't worry about if you need to have a snack. I know some hardcore paleo people are anti-snacking but I think that if you need to snack, do it.  This isn't about restriction it is about freedom.  The freedom to not feel hungry/guilty/tired/just plain crappy anymore.

Finally, tomorrow morning I want you to hop on the scale and take you measurements.  Write this down and then don't worry about weighing or measuring yourself for the next 30 days.  Seriously, don't even peek.  :)

So are you ready?  Do you have a favorite healthy cooking blog or cookbook? 

4 comments:

  1. I'm ready!! And no, I do not have a favorite cooking blog yet. I think the hardest thing that I will have to deal with is breakfast and planning it out. I'm up and out the door in the morning so I usually stop and grab a sandwich or something. What was the yummy sounding walnut coconut concoction you were telling me about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tess I love your enthusiasm! On Sunday I have a post scheduled for breakfast ideas and I put the recipe for the banana nut-meal on it. In general hard-boiled eggs, mixed nuts, and fruit are definitely the best go to for a quick and portable breakfast. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Hey everybody! This is Lizzies Mom! I will be doing a modified version of the Whole30. I have been on Weight Watchers (WW) for 18 months and lost 30 but gained 5. I feel stalled so I will be incorporating some of the components to my (WW). Lizzie's previous blog discussed the post work/pre-dinner hungries and hungry is an understatement and my weakest part of the day after I have been so diligent throughout the day only to blow it @ this time of day. As per Lizzie's suggestion I purchased silk unsweetened almond milk and drank 8oz as I was preparing dinner. The taste was full-bodied and smooth and filling and here's the amazing thing! It was very calming! I kid you not! thank you Lizzie for your inspiration!oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Momma Gage

    ReplyDelete