Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No Body Is Worth More Than Your Body

Exercise is definitely a key component of the next 30 days.  I suggest going easy for the first week as your body will be looking for its normal quick fix of sugar or sugar in the form of bread.  Listen to your body.  If you really want to take a nap instead of workout then go for it.  Now I said nap not watch tv,  actually give yourself rest.  Also I recommend bubble baths.  :)

After the first week I would ramp up my exercise.  What does this mean?  Well it depends on your personal fitness and exercise level.  I am an avid walker, mostly because I have a large high energy dog, so I walked for 30-60 minutes at a brisk pace with hills everyday.  I find that walking hills gives me a great workout and is way easier on my joints.  Also I just finished a 20 day yoga challenge with a wide variety of classes depending on my energy level.


My friend Jen is really into crossfit and maybe I can talk her into doing a post on crossfit with a sample workout routine.  (Hi Jen!)  This is great if you love high intensity, sweaty, group workouts.  I know that being obligated to a group can help keep people motivated.  Simple bodyweight exercises are great too and there are a million online resources like Nerd Fitness or BodyRock.

The most important thing when it comes to exercise is to pick something that you can and will want to do.  I have a large grey coach that becomes ornery if walks are not a part of his life, that keeps me motivated.  I love yoga because I don't think for the 30-90 minutes I'm on the mat.  Shutting off your brain is incredibly freeing.


What do you like to do for exercise?  What keeps you motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment