Monday, November 18, 2013

Paleo-ish Gluten Free Banana Bread

I love banana bread, it's my number one way of making old bananas into a delicious treat.  I've tried a number of Paleo Banana Bread recipes and wasn't super impressed, either the texture was off or it just tasted down right bland.  So I've decided to compromise with a Paleo-ish Gluten Free Banana Bread.  Enjoy!

Paleo-ish Gluten Free Banana Bread

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour mix
-1 1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 whole egg
-1 cup mashed bananas
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup melted coconut oil

Directions:
-Combine the maple syrup, oil, bananas, and vanilla.
-In a separate bowl (I usually just use a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup) combine the dry ingredients.
-Add egg to the wet ingredients then dry to wet.
-Mix till combined.
-Pour into a well greased 8-inch cake pan.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.



(An extremely professional picture of ingredients.  I would love to be one of those people that takes beautiful food pictures but I'm like "I need to make food as quickly as possible so I can get down to the eating part".  Anyone want to come take pretty food pictures while I cook?)


On the exercise front yesterday I did an awesome workout through bodyrock.tv.  I don't know if anyone else is familiar with them but I love their workouts.  The workouts are usually only 12 minutes long and definitely kick my butt.  This is the workout if you want to check it out.  

Hope everybody is having a great Monday!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment