Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I found a non-paleo version of this delicious homemade meatball recipe several years back and since then it has become a staple of my winter weekly menu.  Even though I'm convinced Albany is the tropics, the early sunset definitely puts me in hibernation mode and has me craving some hearty winter food.  (Anytime I type meatballs I think of "Schweddy Balls" from that SNL skit.  I am a 13-yr-old.)

So here is my recipe for Paleo Meatballs and spaghetti.  I hope you enjoy!

Paleo Meatballs and Spaghetti

Ingredients
-1 to 2 lb ground beef
-1/3 c. almond meal
-2 eggs
-1/2 to 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning mix 
-1/4 c. parm cheese (optional, and not paleo but it was for the husband)
-Jar of no sugar added tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce 
-One whole spaghetti squash

Directions
-Mix together beef, almond meal, eggs, seasoning, and parm. 
-Pour pasta sauce into a crockpot.
-Form meat mixture into balls and drop into sauce in crockpot.
-Cook on low for 8 hours.
-One hour before meatballs are done preheat oven to 350.
-Rinse off spaghetti squash and place it whole on a parchment sheet lined baking sheet.
-Bake for 60-80 mins.
-Remove from oven, cut in half, de-seed, and scoop out the innards with a fork.  It will automatically form spaghetti strands.
-Serve meatballs and sauce over the squash.






No comments:

Post a Comment