Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day Five - Sunshine Love Smoothie

When I get home from work sometimes I am ravenous.  This is not awesome as I usually have 2-3 hours before Jim will be home for dinner.  I have discovered that a delicious fruit smoothie fills me up and gives me a wonderful boost of energy.  Now I know that some paleo people would consider a fruit smoothie the equivalent to a big glass of sugar.  Agreeing that it probably shoots your blood sugar up I don't drink smoothies for breakfast but I love them for a snack or if I'm dying for something sweet.  My favorite smoothie is great if you are feeling run down or on the verge of being sick.

Sunshine Love Smoothie

Ingredients
-1/2 orange
-1/2 c. chopped pineapple
-1/2 banana
-coconut milk (canned coconut milk is a delicious treat here)
-ice cubes
-dash of vanilla

Directions
1.  Peel orange.
2.  Place all fruit in blender.
3.  Add 1/2 c. of coconut milk to start and blend.  Add more till everything is blended.
4.  Add 6 ice cubes and a dash of vanilla and blend till ice is chopped.
5.  Serve with a straw!

What time of day are you ravenous and are you a sweet tooth (like me!) or do you crave savory?

Also because it is wednesday and everyone needs a good laugh here is a video of Prometheus and Bob, to go along with the whole paleo thing.  Enjoy!



1 comment: