Friday, June 14, 2013

Day Fourteen - No Sugar Coconut Milk Ice Cream

I have been in denial for a few years.  I acknowledged that I had a problem but I still could not stop myself.  I'm talking about my love/hate relationship with dairy.  Mmmm....cheese and ice cream.  Ugh...stomach cramps and other symptoms I will spare you from.  With my first Whole30 I couldn't believe how good I felt and when I did my reintroduction I immediately learned the culprit of my issues.  Oh dairy how I love you but sadly the feeling is not reciprocated and so ended my love affair with ice cream.  Low and behold though at the end of my first Whole30 I discovered No Sugar Added Coconut Milk Ice Cream.  At $4.99/pint I was hesitant as I thought it would probably be gross and I would waste $5.00.   However in the name of science I bit the financial bullet (I prefer frugal to cheap) and the unknown possible assault on my taste buds.  What I discovered though is now my go to treat for lady time cravings or movie and ice cream night.  The ingredients are good, with a few hard to pronounce but safe stabilizers, and with only 4g of sugar per pint the stats are amazing.  What really speaks for itself though is the taste.





The first pint that I tried was the Butter Pecan.  I'm totally an old person because I lover Wether's, butter pecan ice cream, and root beer barrels.  I would call the Butter Pecan more Butter Rum Pecan because it tastes like someone made ice cream with Malibu Rum.  Tasty unless you had a night in high school where you consumed too much and now the smell makes you ill.  Overall I really enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite of the two flavors I tried (I did it for science!).


My favorite was the Chocolate.  Oh my goodness it tasted like a Wendy's Frosty!  So good and definitely killed my chocolate cravings.  The only problem is a pint seems to not last long.  :)


I still have yet to try the vanilla flavor but I'm sure it's delicious as well.  As with anything processed it is a treat and I try to eat sparingly but I'm so happy to have found a delicious frozen treat that does not make me feel ill 20 minutes after eating.

What is your favorite treat?




2 comments:

  1. I tried the vanilla Lizzipie. It was yummy. I added dark chocolate mini chocolate chips for a crunch.. delish!

    ReplyDelete