Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day Twelve - Blueberry & Blackberry Crumble

I love berry crumble and inevitably would find a clean crumble recipe.  I'm taking this to my friend Whitney's birthday party on Saturday for all paleo and non-paleo to enjoy.

Blueberry & Blackberry Crumble
Adapted from here

Ingredients

-2 c. blueberries
-2 c. blackberries
-juice of one fresh lemon
-1 to 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
-1 c. almond flour or meal
-1/4 c. walnuts or pecans
-5 pitted dates
-1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

1.  Mix berries together and place in a 9x9 dish.
2.  Drizzle lemon juice over berries then sprinkle arrowroot powder over berries.
3.  In food processor combine almond flour, walnuts, dates, and cinnamon.
4.  Pulse till well combined.  
5.  Pulse in coconut oil 5 to 7 times.
6.  Place crumble on top of berries and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.




On a side note I'm currently reading World War Z and it is really good!!  What is everyone else currently reading?

1 comment:

  1. After tasting this I would leave out the lemon juice. Makes it a little too bitter for my taste, but it was still yummy.

    ReplyDelete